"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, "Give them up!" and to the south, "Do not hold them back." Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth" Isaiah 43:5-6

"Remember those…who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." (Hebrews 13:3)

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…defend the rights of the needy." (Proverbs 31:8,9)


"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25:40
This is our journal to rescue an orphan with Down syndrome who lives in an orphanage in Eastern Europe. Anna was left at the hospital by her parents, who refused to take her home because she was born with Down syndrome. In Anna's country people with disabilities are looked down upon and are typically hidden away in orphanages from birth and their outlook for life is not very good. Once the orphan turns 4-6 depending on the region they live in, they are then transferred from the orphanage to mental institutions or insane asylums. Our family desperately wants to make Anna our daughter before she is transferred as she is already 5 years old. We will love her and give her the family that she deserves and give her a future full of hope, despite her disability. When our family stepped out in faith and committed to adopt Anna we didn't have the money that it would take to get her here. God has worked miracles in so many aspects of our adoption. The biggest miracle is that I have had faith all alone that God would send the money we needed to adopt Anna. Through many answered prayers, God made sure we had every penny we needed to make her our daughter!

Please watch this video and see what God says about orphans and the starving children!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yipeeeeeeee

I got a call from USCIS (immigrations) that we were approved for our I600A!  We should be getting our letter in the mail soon!  We have really had some issues with our adoption and paperwork.  There have been several people in our adoption journey with great, big ego issues that really slowed us down.  When we finally got our paperwork sent off to immigrations they rejected it saying they needed FIVE more things added to our paperwork.  These were things that some people did not want to deal with and help us out to fix our paperwork so we could get approval.  Long story, short version.  We hired a new agency who bent over backwards to help us get our paperwork that we needed and sent in to immigrations.  USCIS received our paperwork THE day of our deadline.  A lot of tears, prayers and sweat went into getting all of this together on time.  The deadline was November 19th.  If we didn't get our paperwork to them by the 19th they were going to charge us $680 more dollars to re-apply!  I checked online to see that they did receive the paperwork on time and Fedex showed me that someone signed for it on the 19th.  So a month rolls by and we haven't heard anything.  I decided to call them and see if they will give me an update on our I600A.  Mrs. Williams we never received your paperwork, is what I hear through the telephone.  What?  You didn't receive my paperwork?  But Fedex says online that you did.  OK well send us proof that we received it and then fax us all of the paperwork.  Sounds easy enough, eh? Wrong! I run downstairs to find my paperwork showing the confirmation # so that I can fax it to immigrations.... EXCEPT....the portion of the receipt that should show the confirmation # has been torn off! What? How?  I am crying at this point, thinking we are not going to be able to show proof that they received it without that confirmation #.  I go through all 5,000 sheets of paper (that's what it looked like) at least 5 times and cannot find that little sliver of paper with the confirmation # on it.  More tears, more prayers.  So I throw myself together and run up the street to the little packaging store where I had sent off my Fedex package.  In my brain I am thinking they are not going to be able to help me without that #....but guess what?  They could help me and they did!  They were able to pull up on their computer where I had sent the package and it was delivered on the 19th and signed for.  Praise God!  Tears start falling again!  Thank you Lord!  So this morning I get a phone call from the very kind lady at USCIS saying that we were approved and should be getting our approval letter in the mail soon!  Thank you Lord!  We are one step closer to Anna!!

2 comments:

Faithhebrews11 said...

Praise God that you received your approval! And Bless your heart for having to go through all of that!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!! hang in there!!!