I am so sorry that I totally forgot to post an update on Anna’s foot. She does not walk with a limp anymore! With all of the irritation and sores on her feet, one of the places was infected and sore and had “something” in it. The sore has healed and she no longer walks with a limp! The poor girls feet were/are a mess. SCABIES is the diagnosis. My heart just aches to think how long she has had those nasty little boogers biting away at her skin and oh how she has suffered from severe itchiness. In July, YES July, they had her dressed in sock tights, long pants, undershirt and a shirt and I imagine all of that heat and sweating only made the itching worse. She walks around scratching all over and is rashy all over because of scabies but her feet look the worst of all. She even scratches her feet in her sleep. Her feet are constantly rubbing each other in attempt to scratch at the ickyness that is biting away at her skin. She and the rest of our family have been treated for scabies and the literature says that the itching can last up to 4 weeks even after the scabies are gone!!!!!! I will be sending an email to our facilitator to get in contact with the orphanage director and the orphanage doctor because the doctor had told our facilitator that we were overreacting about her feet after we had taken her out of the orphanage. She said that we were silly and that it was just an allergic reaction. To what???? They had no answer for that, but now we do! It’s scabies, not an allergic reaction! I cannot even imagine how many children at that institution are walking around scratching and in misery and suffering from scabies as well. All I can do is just hope and pray that they seek treatment for them and don’t just turn their heads to this issue.
"Once our eyes are opened, we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act."
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…defend the rights of the needy." (Proverbs 31:8,9)
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25:40
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, "Give them up!" and to the south, "Do not hold them back." Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth" Isaiah 43:5-6
"Remember those…who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." (Hebrews 13:3)
"Remember those…who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering." (Hebrews 13:3)
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…defend the rights of the needy." (Proverbs 31:8,9)
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25:40
This is our journal to rescue an orphan with Down syndrome who lives in an orphanage in Eastern Europe. Anna was left at the hospital by her parents, who refused to take her home because she was born with Down syndrome. In Anna's country people with disabilities are looked down upon and are typically hidden away in orphanages from birth and their outlook for life is not very good. Once the orphan turns 4-6 depending on the region they live in, they are then transferred from the orphanage to mental institutions or insane asylums. Our family desperately wants to make Anna our daughter before she is transferred as she is already 5 years old. We will love her and give her the family that she deserves and give her a future full of hope, despite her disability. When our family stepped out in faith and committed to adopt Anna we didn't have the money that it would take to get her here. God has worked miracles in so many aspects of our adoption. The biggest miracle is that I have had faith all alone that God would send the money we needed to adopt Anna. Through many answered prayers, God made sure we had every penny we needed to make her our daughter!
Please watch this video and see what God says about orphans and the starving children!
4 comments:
Oh break my heart! Thank you LORD that you know what it is and you can help get your little lady some relief! Praying for quick healing for her and your family.
Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com
Wow, poor baby. I sure hope the orphanage will do something about this! Thank heavens you've got it figured out and she's getting better.
It breaks my heart to think of how long Anna has had to endure that horrible itching..... but then I thank the Lord when I realize she's no longer facing a life time of such torture!
UGH!! How horrible and nasty! Poor thing! They are going around Mercede's Day Program. Since she is a hugger, she is using the creme as a preventative!
Post a Comment